Abuse recovery group
A lot of people who have suffered from mental or physical abuse in a relationship often ask themselves once they get out of it why they had not realized the pattern of abuse sooner. When someone is in an abusive relationship there are many layers that can cause them to miss obvious red flags, such as psychological manipulations, distortions of reality, and our own mix of emotions. If you are someone who is currently in an abusive relationship, or in the midst of recovery after one, our confidential Abuse Recovery Group may be right for you.
Our Abuse Recovery Group is a weekly online group that is designed to provide support for those who have been involved in verbal or physically abusive, toxic or narcissistic relationships, who are seeking to break free from the cycle of abuse. We provide a safe and HIPAA compliant group setting that is a mixture of discussions, support, and education as we explore ways to get you back to your best self.
Some of the things that you can expect from this group:
- A private, safe space with sessions led by a licensed counselor
- Identifying and explaining the patterns and behaviors of psychological abuse in relationships so they are easier to understand and recognize
- Learning techniques to reduce the impact of these behaviors in your daily life
- Group-based discussions with others that are in similar situations, allowing you to discover your strengths and grow together, while understanding you are not alone
- Exercises to take home and utilize in your everyday life
Online groups meet weekly via a HIPAA compliant platform and are open to clients living anywhere in the states of Louisiana or Florida.
If you have further questions about if this group would be a great fit for you, please contact us and one of our highly-trained staff would be happy to assist you further.
To be added to our interest list for the next cycle of our group, please sign up by clicking here.