Fall in love with the simplicity of counseling sessions from the comfort of your home, office, or anywhere!
We understand that you are busy in your own life; between your family, work, and other obligations. For that reason, we are happy to provide you with online counseling services that are available in the comfort of your home, office, or even when you are on the road.
There are two delivery methods for online counseling:
- When you are able to have communications with your counselor in real time, this is a synchronous interaction. This would be similar to a face-to-face visit with your counselor. You schedule an appointment like any other provider’s office, log into the telemental counseling platform at the designated time, and have a telephone and/or video conference session with your counselor. This type of interaction can be useful for clients who struggle with concerns like anxiety when coming into a provider’s office, or are unable to travel for appointments.
- When there are time lapses during discussions with your counselor, this is an asynchronous interaction. For this type of service, your telemental provider would speak with you through text and/or email messages. Responses would not be as quick as synchronous interactions, but can be a better-fitting alternative for some of our clients who have schedules prone to quick changes.
In order to partake in online counseling, you will need the following:
- A smartphone, laptop, or desktop computer. If you are utilizing a desktop computer, you will also need a webcam.
- Wired earphones: this provides greater privacy for you and a stronger audio connection so we are able to communicate efficiently
- Strong internet service connection. As a general rule, if you can easily stream videos through services like Netflix or YouTube without the video failing to load or freezing while playing, then your internet speed and quality should be adequate for online counseling sessions.
- A space with privacy for your sessions. We suggest finding an area where you are free to talk openly with us without feeling as if others can hear you. It is also useful to have a space without high traffic, where you will not be disturbed by other people walking into your session.
We understand that you may have concerns regarding your online privacy, especially in regards to mental health visits with a provider. Your online security is of the utmost importance to us too. The platforms that are utilized for online counseling are secure and meet HIPAA data privacy and security standards for safeguarding medical information. You can rest assured that your personal and private information will be protected at all times.
Is Online Counseling Right For Me?
- Are you experiencing an immediate crisis?
- Are you experiencing any delusions, hallucinations, disorganized thinking or psychotic symptoms?
- Are you having thoughts of harming or killing yourself or someone else?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above statements, then online counseling is not a good fit for your current needs. You would likely benefit from in-person counseling sessions. If you answered “no” to the questions above, contact us today and we would be happy to help you get started!
**If you are experiencing an immediate crisis and are having thoughts of harming or killing yourself, please contact our office right away, seek immediate medical attention, or contact the 24/7 Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255**
Not all insurance policies cover online therapy. In order to determine if your insurance company covers this telemental service please call or email us with your policy information and we would be happy to verify your coverage. If you do not have insurance coverage or a policy that covers this service, we have self-pay options available.
If you have any other questions regarding this service, please do not hesitate to contact us.