EMDR Therapy Intensives
Therapy Intensives can be helpful for…
- Anxiety, depression, and grief and loss
- PTSD, physical or sexual abuse, and recent traumatic events
- Performance enhancement (athletes, school, professional)
- Deep-rooted fears, phobias, and panic disorders
- Chronic pain or medical issues
- Disordered eating and body image struggles
- Substance abuse and addictions
- Emotion tolerance and regulation skills
A Therapy Intensive may be the solution you are looking for if…
- You are not able to attend weekly therapy sessions within your current schedule or sessions aren’t showing the results you are hoping for.
- You are tired of feeling hopeless and repeating unhealthy behaviors or toxic relationships that just seem to be inescapable.
- You leave therapy sessions frustrated because it feels like you have only begun to scratch the surface.
- You spend so much time sharing the ongoing day-to-day struggles in sessions that the actual therapy never seems to really start.
- You are tired of feeling that something is in the way of you moving forward, you are exhausted, and you want to deal with this now.
A Therapy Intensive can be the “big bang” that sets everything else in motion or it can be an adjunct service to what you are already doing. Either way, doing a Therapy Intensive can provide the results that usually take months or even years of individual weekly sessions in just a few days.
There is no need to wait to see the changes you have wished for so long.
Weekly therapy sessions follow a format that can eat up time. You walk in, do the “how are you?” check-in, dive into the work, and then before you know it the session is over. You spent so much time sharing the events and struggles from the past week that you don’t get to do half of what you planned. In a Therapy Intensive, this is not the case. You have the time and space to get down deep. You get to cut out all that pressure to try to get everything done in an hour.
So, what is a Therapy Intensive?
Therapy Intensives are extended sessions designed specifically for each client and their goals. Intensives typically run 5 to 6 hours per day for 2 to 4 consecutive days, but offer the flexibility to extend, shorten, or break up the work to the number of days that fit your needs. During Therapy Intensives, we use EMDR along with Somatic Psychotherapy and Ego State Interventions to efficiently and effectively reach your goals. You can learn more about each of these therapies here:
Who will I be working with during my Therapy Intensive?
Hi, I am Jacquelyn Kirby, a Licensed Professional Counselor and your Therapy Intensive therapist. You can learn more about my education, training, and areas of expertise in my profile.
During your Therapy Intensive, you are my only client each day ensuring there are no delays or interruptions in your sessions. Together we make a plan that works for you.
The process begins with a thorough assessment of your needs, goals, and history. During this assessment, we will meet one-on-one. This can be done in the office or online depending on your location and availability. The assessment helps us create a plan for treatment and determine which type of Therapy Intensive would be best. Once this has been completed we will schedule the Therapy Intensive.
If you have decided to take care of your mental health and know that now is the time to act, please feel free to contact me to schedule your free initial consultation to answer any questions you may have and discuss getting started.
Or maybe you are still on the fence. You are intrigued but still wondering, doubting even… Is it truly worth it? Does it even actually work? How can you possibly achieve what you have desperately wanted for so long in just a few days?
I get it. We try and try and struggle for so long that we start to lose hope that things could ever change. We start to believe it could never be different for us.
It does not have to be this way.
If you have read this far, there is still at least a glimmer of hope burning inside of you ready to be lit on fire. You just need something different than what you have had before.
Just as EMDR is a very different approach to therapy, Intensives are a very different approach to EMDR Therapy. There is no need to leave sessions every week feeling ready to throw in the towel. You know that being able to put that burden you are carrying down and continue with your life would be freeing.
Because of the truly healing effects and rewiring in your brain that occurs during Therapy Intensives, we can accomplish things that are out of reach for traditional talk therapies.
You will be able to move forward as you work with me in an inviting, safe, and supportive environment. I am invested in your well-being and you as a person. I am excited to witness your wins as we work together. I will help you make the connections between what happened to you and what you are experiencing now. The pressure to make everything fit in an hour will be gone.
By working together during your Intensive, you will experience a feeling of clarity and hope for the future. You will have a greater feeling of self-worth and reassurance that it is not just you. You will be able to make the connections that your brain and body want in order to understand what happened and move through it.
So often we feel guilt or shame about our past…what was done to us….what we may have done….
The gut punch that comes with the past can be eased. You can give your brain and body room to process whatever may have happened and truly move forward.
Time is precious, and you have already spent enough of it struggling.
So let’s get to the lingering questions. How much does it cost and how many days would I need to schedule?
Just like other major medical procedures such as surgery, Therapy Intensives are a financial investment in you and your health. Although you will be investing a larger amount upfront, you will have a fixed cost (that is typically less money in the long run) to work with rather than the unknown expense of ongoing weekly therapy. With Therapy Intensives not only do you save time, but you save money as well.
There are three tiers of intensive services:
- These are 2-4 hour-long sessions
- Great way to “get your feet wet” and experience EMDR and Brainspotting
- Can be scheduled on consecutive days
- These are calculated at an hourly rate of $160.00
Single Issue Intensive
- These are full-day (5-6 hours per day) and run for 1-3 consecutive days
- Great for a specific goal, event, or trauma
- Extremely effective for recent events and traumas (assaults, car wrecks, divorce, etc.)
- A powerful option for ongoing traumatic stress (natural disasters, domestic violence, first responders, etc.)
- These are a flat daily rate of $1200.00
Story Clearing Intensive
- These are full-day (5-6 hours per day) and run for 5 consecutive days
- Great for clients with multiple focus points or goals
- Provide the time and effectiveness to clear childhood trauma and heal attachment wounds
- These are a flat daily rate of $1200.00
There is no cookie-cutter approach to the care you will receive as each client requires a different amount of time. This will be thoroughly discussed in the intake process before we schedule your appointment.
Intensives are not for everyone and a thorough assessment of a potential client’s readiness for intensive work is provided in an intake session conducted prior to scheduling a Therapy Intensive.
When considering if a Therapy Intensive is right for you, please consider the following:
- Insurance does not cover this service and therefore will not be accepted or billed.
- A deposit of 50% is required to hold the dates of your Therapy Intensive and full payment will be collected on the first day of your Intensive.
- To provide a confidential and relaxing atmosphere for all of our clients, children and visitors are not permitted to wait at the office.
- No alcoholic beverages or illicit substances will be allowed throughout the entirety of your Intensive as this can interfere with processing and slow progress.
We strive to make counseling as accessible as possible and are happy to help walk you through the entire process.
Even though Hope & Healing Counseling is located in Louisiana, that doesn’t mean you have to be. Clients can travel from anywhere in the world to spend a few days in a Therapy Intensive and then return home to their daily lives – wherever that may be.
I’m still skeptical. Where’s the proof?
We’ve put together some links to research showing the benefits and effectiveness of EMDR and Intensive Therapy treatments.